Michael Morcos will be a keynote speaker at the Marcus Evans ‘Board of Directors: Leadership, Culture & Governance’ event in November
Michael Morcos, Governor at GCC BDI, will lead a session titled ‘Boardrooms in the Digital Age: It’s About Doing Better, Not More’ on 6 November 2019 at a Dubai-based conference run by Marcus Evans.
In the seminar, Michael will discuss how to draft a checklist to assess your board to identify the common problem areas using technology.
The session will also cover:
• How to establish an electronic etiquette with the right code of conduct to ensure maximum effectiveness during a meeting;
• How to implement strict policies and guidelines on directors to ensure that all documents are retained securely;
• Director discretion and judgment when taking notes and annotating board papers during meetings.
Michael is the managing partner of Heidrick and Struggles’ Middle East & North Africa practice. He leads the region from the Dubai office, where he is also a member of CEO & Board Practice, the Private Equity, Energy, Natural Resources, Education and Social Enterprise and Leadership Consulting Practice.
Fluent in Arabic, Michael has more than 15 years of experience in international management consulting, recruiting and executive search.
The talk will take place as part of the two-day ‘Board of Directors: Leadership, Culture & Governance’ Marcus Evans conference, which runs from 6–7 November.
Other sessions at the essential event for board director education will cover how to cultivate a proactive tech-savvy boardroom culture and achieve higher milestones for optimum business growth.
Key themes at the event include:
• Environment, Social and Governance (ESG): How Boards Should Respond to Stakeholders
• Endorsing Gender Diversity: True Values and Contribution of Women on Boards
• Boardroom’s Virtual Reality: Governing Boards in an Interconnected and Independent World
• Buzzword to Boardroom: Reimagining the Organisation by Adopting AI Strategies
Click here to find out more and sign up to the ‘Board of Directors: Leadership, Culture & Governance’ event.